If you haven't heard of the Internet of Things (IoT) yet, or you have and have no idea what it is, this one's for you.
1. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the term used for the connection of everyday things, like homes, equipment, watches and more, to the internet, for the purpose of collecting data, tracking usage, and automating systems.
2. That includes smart technology you probably have already seen like Google Home, Amazon Echo, wearable tech (like a FitBit or smartwatches), smart cars, smart thermostats - all that good stuff.
3. IoT is kinda blowing up with the amount of connected IoT objects set to reach 50 billion by 2020 and will be worth $7.1 trillion by that same year.
4. And it's not just about consumer devices, IoT spans across industries with new technology for agriculture solutions, business enterprise tech, environmental innovations and more.
5. Basically, the Internet of Things is changing the way we live, work and play with new farming equipment, new health care solutions, new transportation systems and much much more.
6. Right now, companies, investors, inventors and entrepreneurs are taking major strides to launch new IoT products and solutions to bring to market with billions of dollars in research and production across sectors.
7. Which basically means that there's room for anyone who wants to join in on the IoT happenings, no matter what role you want to play.
8. And if you want to join in on the latest hot new IoT events to take part in this trillion dollar market, check out the homepage with our new IoT conference events.
Check out the latest new IoT events happening here.